Trump Complains About Nancy Guthrie’s Case Dominating News Coverage Amid 3rd Week of Search

President Donald Trump has said the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie is a “very sad situation,” but also suggested it’s time to start reporting on other issues.

The president made the remark while aboard Air Force One on Thursday (February 19), when he was asked by Fox News’ Peter Doocy for his thoughts on the Guthrie case. The mother of Today host Savannah Guthrie has been missing since January 31, when she is believed to have been abducted from her home in Tucson, Arizona.

“Boy, it’s so crazy. It’s so bad,” Trump said of the situation before commenting on some of the details from the investigation, such as how Nancy’s pacemaker was disconnected the morning of her disappearance.

He then added, “We have to start reporting on other subjects also and see what happens. It’s a very sad situation.”

New: President Trump on the search for Nancy Guthrie pic.twitter.com/5hNp0KaJ4k— Habib Obi (@ObiSun) February 19, 2026

Trump previously announced on Truth Social that he was “directing ALL Federal Law Enforcement to be at the family’s, and Local Law Enforcement’s, complete disposal, IMMEDIATELY.”

“We are deploying all resources to get her mother home safely,” he wrote in the February 4 social media post. “The prayers of our Nation are with her and her family. GOD BLESS AND PROTECT NANCY! PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP.”

RelatedSavannah Guthrie’s Mom Nancy: Investigators Consider Botched Burglary While ‘Stuck’ on Kidnapping Motive

Earlier this week, he told the New York Post he would direct the Department of Justice to impose the death penalty for Nancy’s abductor(s) if she is not released unharmed. He said those responsible would face “very, very severe, the most severe” consequences.

Since Nancy was reported missing on Sunday, February 1, investigators have released doorbell camera footage of a masked suspect, shared a description of the potential abductor, and gathered possible DNA evidence. A test on a glove found two miles from Nancy’s home yielded no matches in the FBI DNA database.

The Pima County Sheriff’s Office has also ruled out Nancy’s family members from being involved in the abduction. This comes after reports from former NewsNation anchor Ashleigh Banfield that Savannah’s brother-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, was a lead suspect in the case.

More Headlines:

Trump Complains About Nancy Guthrie’s Case Dominating News Coverage Amid 3rd Week of SearchStephen Colbert Set to Reunite With Former ‘Evening News’ Anchor for Interview Amid CBS Drama‘The Night Agent’: Fola Evans-Akingbola Explains Why Chelsea Trusts Peter‘The Pitt’ Aftershow: Supriya Ganesh & Shawn Hatosy Break Down the Mohan-Abbot Connection (VIDEO)Eric Dane Dies: ‘Grey’s Anatomy,’ ‘Euphoria’ Star Was 53

  FOX41 Yakima©FOX11 TriCities©